PDA

View Full Version : Spilled water on kief!



Sh1zn1t
06-01-2010, 12:22 PM
I accidentally dropped about 10 g's of kief into a cup of water that was on the same table. So, I have gotten as much out as possible and spread it out on a dry piece of paper. Anything else I should do? I don't want mold.

THANKS!

Superfluous
06-01-2010, 05:44 PM
If you're worried about mold you could cover the kief and then give the room a heavy spraying with Lysol. Works for sterilizing an area when innoculating mushrooms.

Evergreen
06-01-2010, 08:06 PM
I think that f you just let it dry, it should be fine as long as you spread it out when it happened. . . .

TS
06-01-2010, 08:23 PM
least it wasnt koolaid

Sh1zn1t
06-02-2010, 02:18 AM
Not gonna lie, it was blueberry juice. I just wanted to get past the answers of, "Toss it out." etc.

But yea, I have it on a piece of paper in a box(so it doesn't get blown away and stays cold) drying. Hopefully it will turn out alright.

lazyglass
06-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Damn, blueberry juice, hope it came out tasting all right... couldnt help but laugh at how it went from water to blueberry juice after the koolaid joke heh.

midnight toker420
06-27-2010, 11:28 PM
hah hah no doubt

Basack
06-28-2010, 12:05 AM
the sugars wont evaporate overtime. Idk bout smokin that.

ShatterWulf
06-28-2010, 12:43 AM
the sugars wont evaporate overtime. Idk bout smokin that.

as far as smoking goes, there wouldn't be any more toxins associated with combustion formed from smoking sugar as from smoking any other organic compound, like herb. Because the chemical breakdown of sugar goes like:
C12H22O11solid + O2gas --- heat ---> CO2 + H2O

So it wouldn't really be anything too much of a dealbreaker as far as that goes, but as far as anything else in the juice, I dunno how all that would burn.

Basack
06-28-2010, 01:03 AM
Well actually it depends at the level of combustion. Complete combustion of pure sugars (sucrose/glucose) will completly burn into gases such as water vapor and carbon dioxide. On the other hand, burning sugar at lower temperatures such as a lighter, will cause reactions that could form toxic fumes. Such as carbon (coal/graphite). I said "idk about smokin that". and i still go with that. Why smoke sugar lol.


edit: and like you said, idk about the rest of the juice.

Sh1zn1t
06-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Haha, it's all gone now. And I didn't personally smoke a single bowl of it lol.

But for the record, it was dry by the very next day. I don't think the juice could stick to any of the trich heads.

Bukket
06-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Basack your right but some people here can't afford to throw away 10g of keif lol

SmokeDawg
06-28-2010, 09:00 AM
i woulda made edibles with it....blueberry muffins maybe :D
peace.

Sh1zn1t
06-28-2010, 11:38 AM
^Awwwww, now you post haha. That would have been great. How do you even make edibles from kief? Same process as with bud?

Basack
06-28-2010, 12:10 PM
you smoked all 10 gs already lol? Well heat up some butter til it boils in a small pan, throw the keif in, heat on low temp for few minutes. Add butter to whatever (brownies muffins cookies toast) or just drink it lol ;)