i have found a lot of good info on icmag.com...

from Gypsy's site...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pactivist
Well mine has been sitting long enough - so now i need to get it out of my press.
gonna need some tools -

these are the ones that i use, a hammer, a small bolt, a drift punch, and a knife(a little later)
first remove the press from the c-clamp

now you are going to need to remove the top bolt - the only method i have is to hit it with a hammer a couple of times and wiggle it out.

then i take a smaller bolt - one that will fit through the opening where the ratchet attaches to the socket. i then put the entire thing back into the c-clamp.

and use the force of the c-clamp to get my hash bits moving, when i have pushed the hash almost to the end of the socket, i remove it from the c-clamp, and use a drift punch and a hammer to finish driving it out.

after it's out,

i clean my press with a knife,

and these little "hash crumbs" are my bonus - i smoke these immediately.
and finally the finished product - notice the bottom chunk - we've been smoking the hell out of it.

We can't help it, this hash kicks ass!!
well that's my method, any comments? suggestions for improvement?

I would like to say - I use a 3/4" socket, but there is absolutely no reason not to use a larger or smaller socket depending on your needs, the key would be that you need a very tight fit between the socket and the bolts that you are going to use.
good luck, stay safe,
peAce,
pacT

or something like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte
Well, I finally got a couple uploaded only to have it go out on me again. Anyway, here's the finished press and a couple one ounce slabs...

- Butte

those should help a bit.