Thread: Spinpro trimming machine

Threaded View

Default Spinpro trimming machine

I recently had a chance to try out a new Spinpro trimming machine & decided to post a little review about it.

Definitely speeds up the trimming time, needs no electricity & only about 16" around, 14" tall weighing about 10 lbs. Much easier to move around than the Centurion & Rolling Thunder machines I've used before, & the finished buds are manicured about the same.

The raw material is prepared the same way as the larger powered machines, the buds all get stripped off the branches & done while fresh before the leaves start to wilt. I also strip off most of the fan leaves & everything dead or yellow, & stuff without any sugar before I chop (looking ahead to making bubble, if it doesn't have trichomes it's just wasting space in the bags).

First couple runs I figured out that a couple handfuls at a time worked well, turn the crank about 7 or 8 times, open it up & trim off some of the hard to get bits for a minute & go another 7 or 8 turns to have it finished. With pretty much all trimming machines perfectly round buds trim perfectly, chunky buds tend to miss spots. On the bigger automatic machines I feed one end & sit at the other end where it comes out with a pair of scissors.

First couple pics are the stripped down plants & bin of buds after taking them off the branches, then the spinpro in box & in action.

Last edited by FtW; 03-18-2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: redoing pictures