Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yield Data Needed-Post here please!

hello i have some smoke ak 48 crystal cronic bubble gum all are really good but its harsh and does not have good flavor what can i do anyone? help

well most ppl start their own thread to ask a question, but ill answer it anyways, flavor is usually a factor of 4 things - strain, how well it was flushed, how well it was cured, and if it was stored next to anything that has a strong smell/taste... but if its harsh as well, im guessing poor flushing job

sooo pretty much, there isnt alot you can really do except make bubble - dry sift or oil wont work, as both methods will retain alot of the origonal flavor

i dont even know if making it into hash will help. For example: my buddy recently made some hash, unfortunatly, he kept his bag in the same drawer as some Nag incense... its pretty much the strongest incense ive ever seen. anyways, when we were sifting it, all you could smell was Nag, the hash smelled like Nag, and when smoked, the hash even TASTED like Nag - just from the herb sitting next to it in a drawer, the bud inside its own double wrapped bag, and the Nag inside of its box

it was terrible... it was dry sift, and not bubble though, so with the water dissolving the sugars and flavor oils it might remove some of the taste

only other way is water cure - soak buds in water for a few days, remove and dry very, very, very well. this has some side effects: 1) sugars and flavor oils are removed from the plant, making the flavor rather bland. and 2) you have to dry it VERY well, or it will mold, guarenteed - never tried this method myself, but i know people who have and say it can help fix very badly flushed bud - it wont taste good tho, it will just taste like nothing
    Last edited by wicked_clown; 06-18-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Hi guys, i know that the effect varies from batch to batch but is there anywhere that these different effects, from different sizes trichomes is recorded?
    It would be nice to have a database where"the general data" of the different strains, and their different sizes, especialy for med. Patient's.

Even thoug this will be hard it must be possibly to do it, perhaps something a la wikipedia.... Do you think that's possible bman?
    Last edited by Trich'ed Out; 06-18-2008 at 04:27 PM.
    It's better to be trich'ed out than to be out of trich's

well it would be very difficult, but not impossible, first we would need GC tests of each variety, to tell us the actual cannabinoid profile, as for the size of the trichome, we could measure the trichomes using a macro lens with a screen grid placed behind the trichome heads, but that would still not tell us the thickness of the wax membrane that holds all the goodness inside.
    as for the water solubles they are terpenoids, there are no water soluble terpenes.

I like the idea of trying either way trich'ed out.

peace
    Bubble man

I don't know if you need a "engine" like wiki, or it is possible to start it on this beautiful site but it seem's that a lot of the members here are into growing/hash making at a high level. Which makes a good starting point for accurate data proved empiricly and statisticly(sorry about the spelling)

Some where in the process the word should be passed along to the med club's etc to help gather more information and consolidate the proof.
    I find it hard to believe that there is not some friendly persons out there, with free access to a GC who will be willing to help out on a project this size.

Again - if enough data is retrieved regarding the strain versus different head sizes and cannabinoid profiles, it would be much more easy to single out the benefits for the individual patient/person, even thoug this is one hell of a job to start.

Peace
    Trich'ed out
    Last edited by Trich'ed Out; 06-18-2008 at 08:10 PM.

I have a friend with access to Gas Chromatograph. Peace GS
    Changing the color of cannabis one grower at a time.

See!!! already one friendly person ;-)
    By the way GS, do you know how long it takes to "process a sample"

Wow GS, that is sweet. Somehow tho, I am not suprised at all
    I am the Eggman, Coo Coo KaChoo