Thread: Bikram's Yoga

Hybrid View

After being injured last year and taking way too much time for myself "to heal" I am now in the yoga for stiff people class....working my way back up. It sounds interesting though, Bman...110 degree room huh? Why is that? Any particular reason or philosophy behind the increase in temperature other than a good pure sweat?

This class would absolutely be for your swimko, I have heard of people who could barely stand being propped up against the back wall for their first bikrams class. its is a beginners class. That you can do for the next twenty years plus.

The temperature is to help you access deep tissue in your muscle's that you would not otherwise have access to> The heat is absolutely essential to get the deepest into your wounds that you can go> Im amazed at the level of self discovery is offered thru this simple sequence of postures. IF you feel you can't do it, try doing the half class, which is to do each pose ONCE, instead of twice. I will put up a link to a great cd by bikram here

http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=bikram+yoga

and also if you are really intersted, i would pick up his new book to.

Enjoy

Peace
    Bubbleman

That makes total sense...I myself like to hit the spa tub before I do yoga to loosen me up (I get adrenaline surges that make my back "lock up"...same thing happens when I am cold). Sometimes the jacuzzi leaves me feeling very tired and lethargic all by itself...I bet bikram's yoga would eliminate that.... yes..makes good sense. I will definitely give that link a go after noon today and seek out the book. You and I have talked yoga before..it's always been something that I pick up for a while then stop doing it for one excuse or another and really..for as good as it does me I don't know why I quit... you have been the little push from the cosmos I have needed more than once...

thanks

namaste
    jonesy